Sunday, March 11, 2012

Blogging and Website Making

image not mine
Blogging is one of the things that keep me sane. I always say that and will always be saying that over and over. The first time I blog was in 2008 but after 3-5months I was inactive due to my offline life. My main reason that time is to show to my then BF how much I love him (wow cheesy!) also to express myself, develop my English and to journal just anything about my life. Monetizing was out of the picture that time. Until I become a mom-single mom. I was looking for an extra income and my HS friend told me that I can actually earn online and that blogging is one of the options. Now I am here.

..but monetizing your blog is not that easy especially to someone like me whose not so techie. I had hard time understanding HTML, domain, hosting and the likes. Being a blogger user I thought that was it. I don't even understand bandwidth, cPanel etc. One of my blogger friend told me that if I want to level up and to really monetize my blog it's advantage to have my own domain. What's that? good thing I have online friends who help me build my website. Of course Mr.G is so helpful and I ask him on how to make a website. You just have a long patience to understand all the tutorial available online. If you had hard time understanding what you read, there is also video tutorial which for me is easier to understand.

If your planning to make a website I suggest that you first try those free blog platform (blogger, tumbler, wordpress) just know the basic and if your a little comfortable you can level up in buying your own domain and still hosted by wordpress and blogger and level up again by transferring your domain as self hosted. I have now 5 blogs and 3 of them is self hosted and 2 is still hosted by blogger.I can say, I am blogging happily now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting..highly appreciated.
Shengkay’s Randomness Journal
Shengkay’s Journal
Shengkayful's Fashion and Lifestyle
The Postcard & Travel Lover

Madame Deals Event : Kindle Fire Giveaway spons by SavingStar

What is Kindle Fire? It is the Amazon tablet for web, movies, music, apps, games, reading and many more applications. Wanna have it?Well, A...