I love Orange Tuesdays because it is a great way to share fun photos of anything and everything orange, from a funky orange notebook and matching pen, to a fresh orange fruit salad. If you would like to contribute to my Orange Tuesdays blog, then feel free to have a look at some of the photos which have been posted already.
Anything which is orange will be welcomed to the blog. So if you have a really funky retro style orange padded mouse mat, which you find really comfortable on your wrist, even after being on the computer for an hour or so doing some research or just playing Cheekybingo, or you have a bright Orange hat which you love, then take a photo and share it on the blog! If you don't own anything orange then why not make an orange and rocket salad and send it in to us? Here are two great orange recipes which you are welcome to try out and send into us.
Orange and salmon salad
1. Toss together some rocket leaves, 1 grated carrot, 1 orange pepper and the zest of an orange.
2. Bake the salmon fillet in the oven until it is soft and squeeze over some lime or lemon juice to give the fish an extra tang.
3. Place the salmon on the bed of salad and crumble some feta cheese over the top.
4. Serve with a glass of orange juice - of course!
1. In a heavy pan, combine 3 cups of orange juice, 1 cup of sugar and 2 star anise and bring to the boil. Then remove the star anise.
2. Allow the mixture to cool and pour it into an ice cream maker and place in the freezer. If you don't have an ice cream maker, simply pour the sorbet mix into a freezable container and place it in the freezer. Once it has set, stir the mixture every hour to get rid of ice crystals.